The 2016 California Economic Summit marks the fifth annual gathering of private, public and civic leaders from across California’s diverse regions. The Summit’s network of business, equity, environmental and civic organizations is unique in championing solutions that meet the triple bottom line – simultaneously growing the economy, improving environment quality, and increasing opportunity for all. As the state’s largest year-round network of cross-sector innovators committed to sustainable growth, the Summit event galvanizes action by participants representing sixteen geographic regions and seven policy-focused action teams. The 2016 Roadmap to Shared Prosperity (attached) charts the strategic vision to meet three important challenges – each vital to expanding sustainable economic opportunity for all Californians:
- One Million More Skilled Workers
- One Million More Homes
- One Million More Acre-Feet of Water
The Summit’s value:
- Improving the workforce training pipeline so more workers develop the skills they need to earn a livable wage.
- Increasing the supply of housing near transit and jobs so more Californians have access to affordable homes in livable communities.
- Accelerating regional and statewide water sustainability so California’s water supply is more reliable.
Registration, with agenda and logistics, is available at this link: https://cafwd-secure.org/caeconomy/summit2016