Happy New Year! Hope this finds you well. J
We are happy to announce that we will be launching the Import Compliance Training Program (flyer attached) on February 27, 2017. The training will be a six week program meeting on Mondays 8:00 am – 11:00 am at the Rancho Santiago Community College District office in Santa Ana .
We are offering a special price of $100.00 to students&faculty. Please share this great opportunity with your network. Your assistance in getting the word out would be greatly appreciated.
Blurb: Join us for an Import Compliance practitioner’s course, which walks participants through all aspects of import compliance. This hands-on workshop covers the nuts and bolts of importing, including HTS classification, demonstrating reasonable care, Free Trade Agreements, C-TPAT, how to implement your own compliance program, and so much more. Whether you are new to your role of dealing with import compliance at your company, or need a refresher, this robust course will teach you the basics and keep you up to date on your responsibilities.
- Session 1: February 27 – Importing Basics: US Customs, Reasonable Care, Before you start importing
- Session 2: March 6 – Entry Applicability –The commercial invoice, HTS Classification, Free Trade Agreements
- Session 3: March 13 – The Government and Fines – Other Government Agencies, Violations, reporting errors
- Session 4: March 20 – Security – CTPAT, Customs Exams and Focused Assessments
- Session 5: March 27 – Various Topics – Labeling, AD/CV, Conflict minerals, special imports, selecting the right forwarder/broker
- Session 6: April 3 – Developing your internal Compliance Program – Manual, audits, training, ACE
Dates: February 27 –April 3 (Mondays) Time: 8:00 am – 11:00 am (Training starts promptly at 8am) Venue: Rancho Santiago CCD , 2323 N. Broadway #107, Santa Ana, 92706 Cost:
- Individuals: $995*
- Corporate: $795 per person (with a minimum of 4 people)
- Students/Faculty/Veterans: $100
* Small business scholarship: A $500 scholarship will granted to qualified small business participants based on a letter from their International Trade Advisor (SBDC or CITD) or International Trade Specialist (US Commercial Service) indicating that they are a current importer or import ready and in need of this training. Registration: http://orangecountycitd.com/events/event-registration/?action=evrplusegister&event_id=46&recurr=1488153600